Written and directed by William Sachs.
Plot: an astronaut is transformed into a murderous melting man
This movie is hysterical. Let’s start with that. It is one of the best bad movies ever. Don’t let Netflix lie to you though. This is not a movie about a man trying to restore his flesh. No, this man is just melting and it’s making him a crazy murderer for some reason. And you may want to root for him in the beginning since he’s melting and all and that’s sad, but pretty soon he becomes too crazy for words.
Things that don’t make sense: ALOT. It’s totally unrealistic and the rules change from one minute to the next. Keep your eye out for the raunchy old lady stealing lemons though. She is a riot!! Also, you could probably start a drinking game for every time a character has a meltdown (get it? meltdown! hahaha). Someone has a hissy fit every 10 minutes or so at least.
For the fun of it, here are some rather interesting discussion questions for after viewing:
1. Why was that big woman put into slow-motion?
2. Why wasn’t a radioactive man put into isolation immediately?
3. Why is he worried about his freaking crackers when there’s a radioactive man on the loose?
4. So, a girl lets someone pull down her tube top to take pics of her boobs, but then she sees a dead body. Why does she not a) pull up her freaking tube top and/or b) run away?
5. Why does another woman opt not to use her meat cleaver, throwing it on the ground, then herself and crying in the corner?
I gave this movie a 43/100 and DJ only gave it a 37, but we still recommend it. It’s too funny not to watch at least once.